Dictionary.com provided this definition of the word "prepare":
[pri-pair] – Verb
To put in proper condition or readiness.
How do you prepare for games?
1) Do you get 7-8 hours of sound sleep the night before a game?
2) Do you review your playbook or read your opponent’s scouting report before you go to sleep?
3) Do you eat a healthy, energy packed breakfast the morning of the game?
4) Do you pack your uniform, shoes, etc. in advance to avoid scrambling at the last minute?
5) Do you “dress for success” on game day to put yourself in a confident state of mind?